Friday, February 29, 2008

Things I don't get.

A list of things I don't get.
1. Iron Chef America. Is it just me but does the Food Network work way to hard to make chefs look like gladiators? Why do they try to make cooking interesting by making a competition out of it?
2. Any show that features the "latest" scoop about Ms Spears. Why are people so fixated on this sad story. Do we really enjoy a good crash and burn?
3. Preachers that teach "health and wealth". Did that work for John the Baptist? The disciples?
4. Most of the Dodgers' trades.
5. The reason my Mom would give for not buying certain foods, "you'll just eat it". Isn't that what your supposed to do with food?
6. The AMC Gremlin. Did an engineer really design that car, looked at it and said "wow" (buy the way I did own a 73 Gremlin at one time, it may be the reason I didn't date a lot).
7. Ditto on the AMC Pacer.
8. Why is it that gas prices are so sensitive? Some refinery guy gets an upset stomach after eating chili for lunch and gas prices double. Is it just me but shouldn't we have a back up plan?
9. Commercials for ED. Look I'm sorry if you have this, but shouldn't that be between you and your doctor? I'm growing weary of seeing men on these commercials talk about something they would never openly talk about in real life.
10. Pro athletes that sign a contract, and then want a new contract years before the old one is complete.

Stay tuned for more...

1 comment:

Brian said...

I think I can actually answer most of these.

1. Iron Chef - believe it or not, my wife and kids love this show! So... it is "just you."

2. Ms Spears - We do love a good crash and burn story. It makes us feel better about ourselves. Sad.

3. Health and Wealth - It isn't Biblical; it is reciprocal. It isn't trickle down; it's trickle up.

4. Dodgers - I don't watch much football. (joke)

5. Your mom - Your mom is a saint. Don't ever say anything bad about her.

6. AMC Gremlin - you taught me to drive a stick in that Gremlin. It was in fact NOT the reason you didn't have dates. The reason you did not have dates is because you were deathly afraid of girls.

7. AMC Pacer - see # 6

8. Gas prices - Do you have any idea how much oil we consume in America? It is truly unbelievable. To replace gas with ethanol would take every ounce of corn we produce and it still wouldn't even make a dent. We would have to cover Nevada with solar cells to even come close and we can't make that many solar cells. There is absolutely nothing that we have that can come close to replacing our need for gas. It is sensitive because the world gulps down every last drop of produced oil and the thirst is only going to get thirstier. I don't think we have any concept about the economics of oil. And this is also NOT why you didn't get dates in high school.

9. Commercials for ED. What gets me is how the women look at the man who is taking the medication. I don't think so. But the fact that the commercial runs does tell you that it is a much bigger problem than we would have thought.

10. Professional Athlete Contracts - The reason is that they found out there was more money. People are appalled that so and so gets so much money. But the thing is... somebody's getting that money. Should the owner get more money? I don't think so.

Sorry, there is so much that you don't get Tom. Just ask. I'll explain it to you.