Thursday, July 12, 2007

So, here I am again.

No I haven't died.
I was shocked to see I haven't posted since April. Man the time sure speeds past us.
Let me give you a short recap on events since April.
1. My oldest graduated High School.
2. Went on a great vacation to North Myrtle Beach. Met Brian and Danielle there (who happened to be there the same week...cool) and had a great evening. I discovered that Brian is uncomfortable with heights (I've know the guy since 2nd grade and didn't know that). Our room was on the 18th floor so the view didn't sit well.
3. Oldest son's girlfriend breaks up with him. As a parent this has to be one of the toughest things you deal with. Watching your kid mope around the house. What's really tough is trying to tell him you think it's probably for the best. I was in his shoes once and I know I didn't listen either. Makes for a very frustrating experience.
See, you really haven't missed much.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I thought it was the 19th floor. Had I known it was only 18, I'd probably have been alright.

I'm so proud of Matt. He is a great kid, who is going to have a great life. I remember when we were his age. We were incredibly unsure. And it was a horrible feeling. Horrible. Matt is going to meet a great girl, get a great education, and ... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.