Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I see hope

At times I'm negative.
I know I shouldn't be, but I've seen things that happen in churches that just makes you want to cry.
But I was encouraged at the Midwest Region Conference of our denomination.
I heard stories of people setting aside the normal church routine and being the church that I believe Christ has called all of us to be.
Instead of sitting, their doing.
Now I'm sure some people in our churches are fearful we are moving to fast, moving away from what they are used to.
And I'm just as sure for some of our more pioneering members, we aren't moving fast enough.
But we are moving.
Our denomination is so cool in the fact that we don't hammer a certain style. We are very diverse in our approach to church.
The speakers at conference were awesome, the organization was awesome, the worship was awesome.
In fact, I'm not sure I've been to a better one.
I had a boss once who owned a struggling company. As his company fell down around him he would always say, "were just about to turn the corner".
And we never did. The "corner" was just to big.
My prayer is that we "turn the corner".
And we don't stop there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was "almost through the keyhole".

Ray Hudson said...

I agree, Tom, I am excited!