Friday, December 08, 2006

Too many questions...

What should I do?
My emotions range from sadness, frustration, guilt, disappointment and worry.
I have never been very good at making the big decisions.
Maybe not as good as I thought about a lot of things.
How did I get here?
How can I possibly squeeze more into my schedule?
What kind of toll will it take on my family?
Has it already cost me? Has my past come back to roost?
Life is so short, is it fair to make my family suffer?
Isn't there anybody else?
Maybe it sounds like a whine, but it isn't. I feel like Bilbo sometimes, butter spread over to much bread, thin.
A part of me wants so badly to withdraw from everything, just be me. Tom, the guy who comes to church and then goes home.
No worries, no problems. Let someone else fight the battles, do the meetings, struggle.
Other people do it.
Why can't I?
I'm nothing without Christ, His grace is the only thing that keeps me going.
But it seems the weight is getting heavier.
Maybe I'm carrying to much, maybe I need to learn to lean more on Him.
Maybe that's what He is trying to teach me.

5 comments:

Brian said...

""I am a servant of the Secret Fire, Wielder of the Flame of Anor; you cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"; he said. With a bound, the Balrog leaped full upon the bridge. Its whip whirled and hissed.

"He cannot stand alone!"; cried Aragorn suddenly and ran back along the bridge.

"Elendil!"; he shouted. "I am with you Gandalf!";

"Gondor!"; cried Boromir and leaped after him.

- The Bridge of Khazad-dum

Brian said...

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.";

- Boromir at the Council of Elrond

Brian said...

"Certainty of death, small chance of success... well, what're we waiting for? ";

- Gimli to the Captains of the West

Brian said...

"Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to...";

- Frodo to Sam

Brian said...

Aragorn: If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
Legolas: ...and you have my bow...
Gimli: ...and my axe.
Boromir: You carry the fate of us all, little one. If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done.

Sam: I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to.

Brian: Tom, I don't know if you realize how much ground you have already recovered. We were being run over until you came to lead. It seems to be your burden to carry, but I will support your arms dear friend.